Terms and Conditions
Free Prize Draw
This free prize draw (“the Draw”) is run by Farnell element 14, CadSoft Computer GmbH, Pleidolfweg 15, 84568 Pleiskirchen, Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH, Haggertystr. 1, D-85356 Freising and Würth Elektronik eiSos GmbH &Co.KG, Max-Eyth-Strasse 1-3 74638 Waldenburg (hereinafter referred to as the Organizers)
1. The Participation to this Draw is undertaken in 2 Steps (First Chance and Second Chance).
2. By entering into either step of this Draw, all entrants (“Entrants”) will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”).
3. Entrants are advised to print and keep safe a copy of the Terms. The Organizers reserve the right to revise the Terms from time to time. Revised Terms will be posted on http://www.cadsoft.de/terms_and_conditions and it is a condition of entry to the Draw that Entrants agree to comply with such amendments.
4. Any queries relating to this Draw need to be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw.
6. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Only one entry per person is allowed.
7. Conditions regarding the First Chance Prize Draw:
Visitors of the electronica 2012, who would like to participate in this prize draw need to visit the booths of either
- Texas Instruments
- Würth Elektronik
- CadSoft Computer GmbH
- or Farnell element14
to receive a free of charge lot. A QR code is printed on each lot.
In order to check whether the Entrant has received a winning lot, the Entrant needs to do the following:
a) Scan the QR code with a smartphone or a tablet PC
b) By clicking the the link embedded in the QR code the Entrant will be directed to a landing page with the information whether the Entrant has drawn a win (Texas Instruments, Würth Elektronik and CadSoft prize bundle) or a blank
c) There are 10.000 lots available.
d) The prize of the First Chance Prize Draw is one of 20 prize bundles
e) The prize bundle consists of:
- EAGLE V6 Pro LSR-1 (1.640 EUR) – THE WINNER NEEDS TO FILL OUT A FORM AT THE RECEPTION DESK, AFTERWARDS THE CADSOFT TEAM WILL GENERATE A LICENSE FILE AND SEND A DOWNLOADCODE AND A SERIAL NUMBER TO HIS/ HER EMAIL
- Solar Powered Mulitmeter (approx. 54,00 EUR)
- Electronics Pro Tool Kit (approx. 41,15 EUR)
- Design Kit EMI Suppression Axial Ferrite Bead (approx. 60 EUR)
- Trilogy of Inductors (approx. 50 EUR)
f) The code needs to be scanned from the 13.11.2012 until the 16.11.2012 which is the deadline for participation
g) If the QR code is a win, the Prize needs to be picked up in person at the reception desk of Farnell element14 in Hall A5/ 558 latest on the 16th of November 2012 at 3pm. Before the winner receives his/ her prize he/ she has to show the lot at the reception desk for verification.
8. Conditions regarding the Second Chance Prize Draw:
Entrants of the First Chance Prize Draw have the possibility to register for a second chance with the possibility for one Entrant to win a Vega hybrid 50 cc scooter from Aspes (white branded with the Organizers logos) in a value of approx. 2.970 EUR. There is also the chance to win one of 100 sample kit (value: approx. 5-10 EUR per sample kit). Entarnts can register for the second chance by following the QR code that is embedded on the lot they are receiving at the Electronica show. The QR code links them to a webiste with a second chance regsiter form.
a) The Second Chance Prize Draw will also take place from the 13.11.2012 until the 16.11.2012 (participation deadline).
b) Registration is required to enter the Second Chance Prize Draw.
c) Participants are required to register for the Second Chance Prize Draw within this time period.
d) The winner of the Second Chance Price Draw will be selected at random by a lucky fairy appointed by the Organizers up to 2 weeks after the electronica.
e) No responsibility will be accepted for registrations which are not received for any reason, including technical error.
f) The winner will be notified by email or telephone (to the email address provided at the time of registration) within further 14 days of being drawn.
9. The winners will be informed by the Organizers via email. To claim his or her prize, the winner must confirm receipt of notification by email after within 5 days of notification by the Organizers. If the winner does not respond in that time period, he or she will be deemed to have waived entitlement to his or her prize and a further winner will be selected at random.
10. The Organizers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any winner before any prizes are issued and may require proof of identification and age. If the Organizers suspect fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that an Entrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in these terms, then the prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another prize winner may be selected.
12. The prizes are non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Organizers reserve the right to substitute the prize with suitable equivalents. There is no right to any refund in respect of free goods returned.
13. The respective winner must allow details regarding the winning of a prize to be published in order to claim the prize.
14. The Organizers reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Draw or extend the period of participation as necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control. The Organizers will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Draw.
15. Entrants agree to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
16. Employees, directors, shareholders of any company within the Premier Farnell Group, Würth Elektronik, Texas Instruments and their direct families (parents, siblings, spouse, partner, children) or agents and/or anyone associated with the running of the Draw are not eligible to enter this Draw.
17. Entrants shall not be permitted to enter the Draw if by entering into it they may cause the Organizers and/or themselves to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which they are a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which the Organizers or the entrant may be subject. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
18. The Organizers respect the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winner must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the prize.
19. The prizes are supplied without the benefit of any warranties, (except for the benefits of any warranty protection provided by the manufacturer of the Scooter but subject to all exclusions and limitations set out in the respective terms and conditions of sale of the manufacturer of the Scooter). All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement the Organizers hereby exclude all and any liability arising out of the Draw or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the free goods, even where arising from the Organizers negligence.
20. The Organizer do not exclude liability under the Terms in case of willful misconduct or gross negligence or liability for bodily injury, health or death arising from its negligence, or for any matter in relation to which it would illegal for the Organizers to exclude or attempt to exclude liability under applicable law.
21. Recourse to the courts is excluded.
22. These Terms are governed by German Law.